Tuesday, September 29, 2009

28 week update

Two more days...actually, just a day and a half...before I head back home to Louisville!  I am very excited to see my parents and the rest of my family as well.  They are each throwing showers for me - one Saturday and one Sunday - which will be so much fun!  I am even going to get to see family from out of town that I haven't seen in a very long time!  I am looking forward to the visit.  Oh, and did I mention that fall has fallen there?  So the temps will be fantastic!  I can't wait to feel the chill and to wear something other than a tank top and shorts!

I am now at 28 weeks.  The last I wrote, I had my date with the vampires.  I am still waiting on the results of that test.  I am going on the assumption that no news is good news.  The longer I don't hear about the results, the longer it will be for me to have to visit the vampires again!  If ever!  My next doctor's appointment in October 8.

Now that my stomach has entered the "dunlap" position, I am finding that I run it into everything.  I can't tell you how many times I have grazed it against a door knob or ran it into the side of the wall.  The worst part is that my belly button, although not popped out like a turkey timer, is definitely a lot more shallow than it used to be.  And, if you know me well enough, you know how much I HATE things touching my belly button!!  But, when my stomach grazes the island, door knob or other obstacle, it never seems to fail that it is just the height of my belly button!  Bleh!

Cashew has been moving quite a bit.  More some days than others.  Seems that, when I feel run down and tired, he/she seems to be more subdued as well.  Although, I am pretty pooped right now and there seems to be a bit of a party going on in there.  I can tell that he/she must be getting a bit bigger and that space is getting a bit tighter because there aren't as many somersauts as before.  More just jabs, repositioning and twisting.  It is so weird when you can feel the load shift.  Almost like he/she was curled up towards my back and then decided to roll over and put its heavy little butt or head right in my lower stomach.  It makes me feel very weighed down and front heavy.

My pee breaks are much more frequent and much more urgent!  When I feel it, it is time!  There is no hesitating.  And, if Cashew decides to be real funny and kick me in the bladder, look out.  I will run even the oldest lady down to get to the bathroom!  Oh, and I feel guilty but, I sometimes have to go in the handicap stall.  Why do they make bathroom stalls so damn small??  I can't fit in some of them...at least not comfortably or not without grazing my shallow button on the metal lock latch while entering.  So I go into the larger stall.  Sorry old lady!

My appetite, which just recently spiked pretty high, is now on the down swing again.  I get full quicker and don't eat as much.  I must say that Cashew still has quite the sweet tooth which has me wanting Blizzards, Reese Cups and Gummy Bears, to name a few.  But I am trying very hard to not let it overcome me.  I don't know what my weight is at this time - and won't know until my next appointment - but, if it is more than I'd like, Cashew may have to pull the sweet tooth.

Another development is that I simply cannot stand wearing the pants with the bands anymore.  I have to have the full stomach inserts now.  The elastic bands around the waist are HIGHLY uncomfortable.  The pic below are some black pants with a band like that...they were immediately switched out with some velour stretch pants following the pic!

Tomorrow Steph will be coming over in the afternoon to help me sew the valance and shade in Cashew's room.  I am looking forward to learning!  Tomorrow morning I am planning on getting to the grocery early so that I can get T stocked up while I am out of town.  I may try to get all packed up before Steph gets here as well so that will be one less thing to think about tomorrow night.  Hmmm...jeans and long sleeves maybe?  Oooh, I am so excited!!

28 week pic:
Photobucket

About baby per babycenter.com
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment