Tuesday, September 8, 2009

25 weeks: A VERY special THANK YOU!!

Today marks 25 weeks of this pregnancy journey.  And what a journey it has been.  I am anxious to read through my past entries - especially back in the early days - but I think I will wait to do that during my last couple of weeks. 

You know, I have been wishing and hoping that time would move faster until today.  First of all, other than my hormonal rollercoaster that sent me from skipping down the hallway to busting into tears in the car, today wasn't a bad pregnancy day. 

I had a great visit with Jill and I need to stop here for a second...I MUST  thank my awesome friend for letting me borrow her maternity clothes.  Jiada is her second baby and, let me tell you, she has really acquired quite the collection of clothes during her two pregnancies!  And, wow are they cute!!  I was totally shocked when she loaded TWO large rubbernaid bins into the backseat of the car.  WOW!  It was like a shopping spree without the strange cold sweats I get when I feel I am spending money!!

I brought them home and, even with the whole car situation coming to a head (I will get to that later), I couldn't wait to dive in and see what treasures awaited!  Jill, my awesome friend, you made my day!!  Not only did you have very cute clothes, some of the size smalls actually fit me!!  Even the jeans!  I was blown away and, I must say, it made me feel kinda good about the big J Lo behind that I have!  I really didn't think it could inch worm into a small but did it ever!  And it looked GREAT!  Thank you sooooo much!  I don't know if I could ever thank you enough.

The loot!
Photobucket

I had so much fun at Jill's.  I really got to spend some fun play time with Jagger, her two and a half (as he will plainly tell you) year old.  He's a doll and so much fun.  And talk about energy!!  I think the cutest thing was when Jill was trying to put Jiada down for a nap and Jagger had to go potty.  He needed help with getting his training seat on the actual toilet seat.  I helped him with that and then he told me step-by-step what he needed to do to go potty!  It was adorable!!  And, like most kids, he kicked off his pants instead of just pulling them down...and decided he wanted to leave them off!  Haha!  I tried to get him to change his mind but nothing was working.  Until his Mommy came back and finally told him something that will be one of the funniest quotes of the day for me..."no one wants to see your wienie."  Haha!  I guess that was all the convincing he needed and he went ahead and put his pants back on. 

I met with a friend and photographer for lunch today.  It is my BFF's sister who does great work.  We were talking about ideas for the maternity shoot and pricing and whatnot.  It was a great lunch that really peaked my interest in the shoot and it was fun just getting to know her better.  But, as best laid plans go, I came home and told T about it.  Turns out he knows someone that he wants to use that wants to make us a really good deal to be "models" or whatnot.  I still need to discuss this with the photographer I met with (Erin, if you are reading this, I will shoot you an email).  But I am sure we will figure it all out and will have some sort of pictures from somewhere in the end. 

Now the car.  My car wouldn't start a couple of days ago and we figured it was a drained battery.  Since T was on his stay-cation, we have been driving around his car and not driving mine.  From what I understand, the heat out here in the Sahara is such that, if you don't keep that car charged, the battery will be toast.  So, with this in mind, we went to Walmart to exchange out my battery yesterday evening.  We put the new one in, turned the key and...nothing.  One click that led to complete silence.  T couldn't believe it and chalked it up to the starter.  I could have sworn that I had JUST replaced the starter not long ago.  Turns out, after looking through the many mechanic receipts, I had just had it replaced in May of 08.  And it had a one year warranty.  Ain't that somethin'?? 

So today I had to arrange for a tow.  Another funny moment was the text I received from T saying that the tow truck driver was very stealthy and quick.  T said he felt like he was on Operation Repo minus the big nasty hag yelling at him (if you haven't seen the show, you may not understand but I laughed until I almost peed my britches).  Anyway, it was the starter and, the reason it failed is because I have a leak in my oil pan or something.  Long story very short, my car is on borrowed time with our family.  We have been kicking around the idea of an SUV to be more family friendly.  My car is NOT family friendly - not good for kids or for someone as tall as T.  Soooo, we are going to look at the Lexus that T has been researching tomorrow.  It is available for an awesome deal at a dealership here in town and may be hard to pass up.  T is pre-approved for financing and we have researched the insurance.  We are going to talk to them about a trade-in value for my car and then weigh that amount against what we might get through a sale.  Either way, there is a very strong chance that we may have a new car before the weekend.  Here is the actual vehicle up for grabs:

The potential 'Shew mobile
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, there is a lot going on!  And, going back to what I said earlier in this entry, I have been wishing that time would speed up until today...when I realized that I am 25 weeks and that my estimated due date is 15 weeks away.  Which still sounds like a long time until you consider that I have to have all of my Christmas presents made and bought before...or at least I'd like for it to be before...the 1st of December.  YIKES!  Now I need things to slow down a tad!!  Just like a woman, huh...never satisfied!

Time for specs on Cashew and a pic of the growing gut...

From babycenter.com
"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture."

Veggie size of the month:
Photobucket

The pod at 25 weeks:
Photobucket

My cravings have shifted from chocolate and other sweets to FRUIT, FRUIT and more FRUIT!  I still enjoy the occasional sugary candy such as Blow Pops (a new fave).  I am eating about the same quantity of food.  I don't feel like my appetite has increased dramatically at all.  I am definitely a water-aholic but definitely still enjoy an ice cold iced tea about every other day. 

Movement has been pretty intense and consistent over the last couple of days.  And, put your pitch forks and flaming torches down for a minute, the movement does kinda creep me out a little!  Yes, folks, I know it is a precious baby that I will love and adore.  But, right now, it is an alien being that is doing somersaults in my stomach and kicking me with actual feet and hands.  And they aren't mine.  There is living growth inside of me that is doing it!!  I'm sorry but, like when I see meat on a bone I can't eat it because I think too much about it and know what it actually is??  Same thing here.  If I think too much about it, it kinda gives me the heeby-geebies.  But, yes, it is reassuring and adorable.  And T enjoys it all.  I will try to be the good mom to be and say that I love every darn minute of it!  Wink, wink...

But, saying all that, it is reassuring to know that things are happening.  Although, as I feel things getting stronger and stronger, I wonder how it will be a month from now. 

Anyway, that's about all I have tonight.  I will probably give another update Thursday after our next doctor's appointment.  No sonogram pics on this trip.  Just a check up and heart beat listen.  Oh and I am sure they will take this time to schedule my awesome glucose test which involves me visiting the blood sucking vampires once again.  BOO!

Dear Cashew,
You certainly are getting strong in there.  I feel you moving everyday and not just a little.  Yesterday you were at it all day...and night!!  No wonder you were a little quieter today.  You were probably exhausted!!  Daddy felt you while he was resting his arm across my belly when we were watching TV.  He kept looking over at me like WOW!  I was like, I know!!  And it is non-stop!

We might be getting a new vehicle in the next day or so.  It will be considered your first car so don't ever say we didn't buy you a car.  We both want to make your ride comfortable and safe.  My car just doesn't fit the bill.  As much as I love my car, I know the time has come to move on.  I hope you like your new sporty ride.  If we get it...

Well, I am pretty tired and I think it is time for a couple of Tums.  The hamburger for lunch and the spaghetti for dinner is hating me right now. 

We can't wait to hear you on Thursday!  I can feel you jumping around in there now so I have a feeling you will be poking me for a while tonight.  Carry on.  I am learning to find my Zen and get to sleep even with your disco party rockin'.

We love you bunches!
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment