Tuesday, September 15, 2009

26 weeks: The clouds clear...

I am feeling better about things today.  It was a tough week and a half - I think it was a mixture of emotionally draining changes, the realization of the future and a large dose of hormones that contributed to my meltdown.  And, wow!  What a meltdown.  I cried pretty extensively for a few days in a row.  I was napping for hours during the day and feeling very lost and dazed.  It kinda scared me which is why I made a true effort to wake up today with a new and improved attitude.  The attitude that I had before the whole car trade went down. 

I don't know if, because Cashew has an insider's look, it decided to calm down the motions over the last few days but that was the case.  I think it knew that I wasn't in the right frame of mind to feel the alien strange feet and things moving around inside me.  Today, with my new attitude came more movement.  Right now it is quiet but I am sure the evening will bring a steady flow.

I bought a few more maternity items at Twice as Nice - actually, I took in some clothes that I would never wear again and the trade covered my purchase.  I got two sweaters and one fleece for the cold weather.  I felt that I really needed the sweaters for my KY visit as well as the somewhat cool evenings that November and December can bring to Tucson.  I think that will complete the maternity wardrobe at this time.  Thanks to Jill, I have a ton of jeans and other items that will help me transition from the summer to the "fall" of Tucson.  If I need anything else last minute, I will head back to Twice as Nice to take a gander. 

Not knowing the sex of Cashew has been quite an adventure!  So many people with so many guesses and old wives tales.  I think it is about even as far as votes for boy or girl.  I have been told I am carrying high so I must be having a girl and some say I am carrying high so I must be having a boy.  A puppy would be a cool option too but no one has entertained that idea.  Other than an old friend of mine who thinks I am carrying triplets - boy, girl and puppy.  I guess we shall see.

It is pretty crazy to think that I will be going home in 16 days!  I am so excited to see my family.  I especially need it right now.  It couldn't come soon enough.  When I get back, we will be doing the pumpkin patch shortly after followed by week one of our childbirth classes.  October 15 is the first day for that.  Then we roll into our Halloween party which will be a little different this year in that it will include kids.  We will see how that turns out.  October may turn out to be pretty busy.  I need to keep my eye on getting Christmas gifts done.

Ok, on to the updates:

Babycenter.com
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


My latest symptoms...HORMONES, crying easily, irritated easily, appetite is about the same as usual.  Still like the occasional candy (gummy bears) and sometimes a popsicle.  But otherwise I am about the same.  Physically I feel great other than when I cry so much I get a headache.  It is getting harder to turn over at night while I am sleeping.  A lot of movement usually kicks up as I lay down to sleep - this is a little frustrating.  My nails, hair and skin look great which is awesome...I wish it would stay that way after being pregnant. 
 
Next steps...Glucose Screening Test.  I was going to do it this week but T can't get away from work so it will probably be next week.  I am in NO hurry since it involves a blood draw (freaking vampires).  Because of that I need T there for sure.  Especially since it is uncomfortable lying on my back so I will have to sit in the electric chair. 
 
26 week pic
Photobucket
 
Pod with a head and a kinda fake smile (it is awkward smiling at the dining room table)
Photobucket
 
Let's hope for clear skies in the days ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment