Tuesday, September 1, 2009

24 weeks

Aaannnddd, here we are.  24 weeks and the clock is still slowly clicking forward.  I am sure it will only slow down from here.  I here the last trimester goes at snail pace!  Tonight was a nice night with old friends that T and I used to work with at the Westin.  Their one year old was there and was absolutely adorable.  So full of facial expressions.  I had a burger and a few fries and now I feel like the skin on my stomach can stretch no more.  Like, if I take a deep breath I may rip at the seams!  In other words, I am highly uncomfortable right now even though I immediately changed into my favorite pj pants upon arrival home!!


In other news, I have added a few polls to my blog for your (and my) entertainment!  The first one is for you to predict if we are having a boy or a girl.  If you go off of Old Wives Tales, I will add a list here shortly of my characteristics so that you can take a guess.  The second poll is for you to let us know what you think would be a good boy name and then the last is to pick a girl name.  Truth be told, we have already decided on the names.  And, yes, they are included in the lists.  But we are keeping it to ourselves until D-Day.  But we thought it would be fun to see what you thought!


Here are my pregnancy characteristics that can maybe fit in some Old Wives Tales somewhere:
~ I am definitely carrying entirely in front like a basketball (see pic below from rear angle)
~ I had "morning" sickness which felt more like a constant hangover but never any puking.
~ I can't really tell if I am carrying high or low.  It shifts a lot during the day.  You can be the judge based on my pics below.
~ My skin is clearer and more "glowing" than ever in my life and my nails and hair are thick, long and shiny.  Can I keep this attribute after pregnancy?  Please?
~ I have craved sweets, sour and salty.  But lately I have been craving fruit.
~ Baby's heart rate has been consistently 144 since the first time checked.


If there are any other characteristics you would like to know before voting, feel free to ask.  I don't know all the wives tales but I know some of those items above are a part of the nonsense.  Look at it this way, your chances of being right are 50/50!  Where else can you find odds like that?


I sent my Dad the valance from our bedding set.  I am really excited to see what he comes up with.  And it sounds like he is excited as well to do it!  That will be so special over the crib.


Some might call it nesting but I call it cleaning...I have a list of organizational projects that I want to complete over the next couple of weeks.  One big one is tackling Tay's room again.  It needs a shake down for sure.  And I want to get our closet organized...really that just means getting a cute bin of some sort to hold our flip flops.  They are just strewn about.  I have other projects, including Xmas gifts that I am handmaking, that need to be done in the next couple of months.  No pressure.


I am pretty tired from dinner so I think I am going to jump right to pics now:


24 week belly pic
24 weeks


The pod has a head...stereotypical pregnant bump shot
24 weeks 2


24 week booty shot to show that I am only carrying in the front.  T says no expansion has taken place in any other location.  Ok, he is my sweet husband but I want so desperately to believe it is true!!
24 week booty


BABYCENTER.COM INFO FOR THIS WEEK:


How your baby's growing:




Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


Photobucket


I might skip my letter to Cashew tonight.  I am so tired and my eyes are on fire looking at this computer screen.  He/she is starting to wake up and movement is picking up.  It is usually in full force as I lay down to try and sleep...the optimal word being "try."  I will write to him/her soon.


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment