Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 6, Day 0: April 28, 2009

Today was the dreaded doctor’s appointment. Right at 6 weeks – a huge milestone for me because of having a miscarriage at 6 weeks in December. I thought for sure that today would consist of a blood draw and a full OB exam. I had myself completely stressed and in the worst mood because of the potential blood work that would have to be done.

However, it never took place. Dr. Hutch came in and gave me a HUGE hug and congratulated me on the pregnancy. Todd was with me the whole time and was able to experience everything even though there wasn’t a whole lot to experience.

Dr. H did a vaginal ultrasound to see how things were progressing. She was very encouraged that everything was looking good so far. There was an obvious gestational sac that looked to be the right size and she spotted a faint fetal pole (whatever that is). All this equaled to what she said was a great start!

She also noticed something else in my uterus. Her first reaction was that it was another sac! I didn’t know exactly what that meant or, if I did, I wasn’t sure how to respond. She said, “how would you all feel about two pregnancies?” I didn’t even know what to say. T said he had to lean against the wall so that he wouldn’t fall face first to the floor. She said that it could possibly be that or it could be a little blood detected because of (or in, or something) the placenta. At this point my brain was mush because of the second sac comment.

So, here is where we stand. One sac that is looking good so far and a second possible sac. I have another appointment next Wednesday. We should know more at that time. I will also have to do the dreaded blood work that day (ugh) and probably a full OB exam. But I am anxious to find out what that other…mass…is. I think T has it in his head that we have two babies in there. I just can’t seem to grasp that…not yet anyway.

Here is a pic of our ultrasound today. The sac in question is the one to the left of the main sac that you can see clearly.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment