Tuesday, November 3, 2009

33 weeks - OH CRAP!! Where is the time going????

Seven more weeks (give or take) - REALLY??  What happened to the entirely slow time of the first trimester or the semi-slow days of the 2nd trimester?  I have heard quite frequently that 3rd tri is the slowest of all trimesters but I don't think that will be the case for me!!  It's the holidays!  Everything that needs to be done, decorated and planned is taking up every left over space in my already cramped "baby-occupied" mind!!  Seven more weeks?  OMG!  That's about how long they estimate shipping on those infomercials (I know this because I am awake a lot at night).

I had my doc appointment yesterday and everything went well.  Other than my weight.  Well, that wasn't a concern for my doc or the nurses...just to me.  I have gained 6 lbs over the last two weeks!!!!!  I would say it is all baby but I am starting to think I may have more junk in my trunk or something.  Hutch says I am right on target and not to worry.  Of course she went on to try and make me feel better "you are all baby, you look great, blah, blah, blah."  The whole time I just kept seeing the big, ugly number on the scale and, after asking the nurse how much total I have gained, hearing her response of 28 lbs.  OMG.  No more chocolate and no more (or very limited) carbs!!  Plus T and I are planning on continuing our evening walks and I might throw in some arm weights.  My clothes don't really feel tighter - other than my shirts, of course.  But I just want to be sure that I have my weight under control so that it will be easier to remove post-baby.

I talked to Hutch about the ultrasound tech and the whole breech/C-Section discussion we had with her.  As I was telling her about it, she was reading the display on her computer that had the notes from the earth-momma ultrasound tech.  The first sentence was about it being breech.  UGH!  I said.  Hutch said not to worry.  She said that I should be worrying more about getting the nursery prepared than rather or not Cashew is breech.  She said that she doesn't usually even start checking for position until 35 or 36 weeks and, even then, it can turn after that time.  She felt around on the mound of belly and said she thought it felt like it was in a transverse position, which is kinda sideways.  She said that this might be the beginnings of Cashew turning.  Turn, Cashew, turn!

We also talked to her about making a birth plan.  We really don't think it is necessary to make one - our plan is to make it to the hospital, get an epi and let the docs and nurses do their job.  At that point, we will just roll with the punches and take cues from the staff onsite.  Hutch agreed.  She said that, although first time parents can sometimes enjoy feeling in control of the situation by making a plan, the truth is, more times than not the plan falls through.  So that is one less thing I need to put on my to do list.  She said there is a running joke among hospital and OB staff - birth plans = C Sections.  Another reason I will just avoid that task.

After our questions, Hutch checked my measurements and all looked perfect.  Then we listened to Cashew's heartbeat.  Mid 130's.  Old wives tales (and Hutch herself) say that heartrates in this range tend to be boys.  One can only wonder (and kinda hope).  =P

After our appointment, we ran a few errands and ended up buying a shelf that has plastic bins for Cashew's closet.  My nesting (and/or usual organized self) will probably have that built in the next couple of days.  Things are coming together.  We will do final shopping for last minute needs after my shower in a couple of weeks.  That should get us completely done with all things Cashew until the TIME comes. 

Speaking of time...we are hoping for on time or even LATE delivery of Cashew.  We would love to make it through the holidays before Cashew's arrival.  But only TIME will tell.  =P  I can plan most things but Cashew's arrival I cannot.  At least I won't be watching the clock for D Day!!  I will be more than happy with a delay of arrival!!  Just a couple of days is fine.  Haha!

33 week pic - it is at this time that you can politely and sweetly tell me that I am all baby with not a lot of junk in my J-Lo.  Go on...tell me...haha!
Photobucket

Babycenter.com
How your baby's growing:



This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

What about me?
> My belly button is completely flat
> My belly is very itchy and very sensitive to the touch.  Almost like a sunburn.  Too much stretching!
> Bathroom time has been much more "productive" - YAY!
> Peeing ALL the time - 2 to 3 times a night is standard
> Although my energy level is way down and I am VERY tired by bed time, I can't stay asleep.  I am averaging about 3 to 4 hours.
> Lots of Cashew movement for most of the day.  He/she has hiccups a lot and now you can see my stomach move when it does.
> You can feel "bits and pieces" through my skin - legs, feet, whatever.  I don't analyze it much cuz it kinda grosses me out a little.
> Still get light headed from time to time and I am unbelievably hot when others aren't.  I need a breeze all the time.  Which was great when our weather was "fall like".  Now we are back in the 90's. 
> My appetite has increased slightly but I don't feel as though I eat more than I used to.  Need to watch my carbs and sugar intake.  Don't need to add to the J Lo.
> Winded walking up the steps, having a hard time getting up off of the couch when sitting in the "comfy" corner, hard time bending over to pick things up, etc.
> I think nesting and the stress of all that needs to be done before the holidays has compounded my already obsessive compulsive cleaning/organizing self and has me completely overwhelmed.  My face lately?  Think dear in headlights!

Up Next:
Nov 5 - CB Class (I think we are going)
Nov 12 - CB Class (last one)
Nov 14 - Shower
Nov 16 - Doc appt (35 weeks)

Dear Cashew,
So, you have a couple more weeks before I need you to really think about turning that cute butt of yours upside down.  I have a feeling that, with both your Mommy and Daddy being the stubborn, self willed people that they are, you will do what you want to do when you want to do it.  That's fine but I really would like to request you turn so that we don't have to go through a C-Section.  However, I have been researching C-Sections and I am much more comfortable with the procedure.  I still would rather things happen the normal vag way.  So see what you can do in there.

There are times that I actually think you are turned around upside down.  I can sometimes feel a heavy weighted feeling in my pelvic area and I sometimes feel feet and such around my ribs (watch where you kick...you could really hurt Mommy).  But I am not stressing about it and I am sure you are far from thinking about it - or anything at this point.

We are still working on small details in your room and, after our shower in a couple of weeks, Daddy and I will be shopping for the final needs.  We hope to have you completely covered and your room completely ready for your arrival before the first of December.  I feel confident we can accomplish this!  Especially with Daddy taking vacay time around Thanksgiviing.

Oh and I am sorry that your hiccups drive you crazy.  Every time you get them, I will feel the rythmic motion of the hiccups followed by large movements of frustration from you!  Hiccups are very annoying.  There are ways that you can get rid of them when you are out here.  One way is drinking water out of a glass with your head upside down over a sink.  Hey!  That's it!  If you just turn yourself upside down (like I need you to anyway) and drink some amniotic fluid real fast, maybe that will help!

Well, I am sure I will feel more of you tonight and I am sure Daddy and I will talk to you later.  I think you might be napping right now.  Sounds awesome.  I'm pretty tired too. 

Love you Cashew.
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment