Wednesday, November 25, 2009

36 weeks - HOLY S&*^ where did the time go?

Somebody call the cops...immediately!!  I have been robbed!  Someone has robbed me of my time, of the hours in my day, my days of the week, the weeks in a month!  YIKES!  Who would do such a thing?  Especially to a pregnant woman around the holidays?!?  If you catch them, I need every bit of precious time they have stowed in their getaway bag!  I need it ALL back!  Or, at least another week or so...

FOUR MORE WEEKS (give or take)!!!  I honestly can't believe it and really can't seem to wrap my swollen head around it!  How did it go from creeping along to moving faster than a freight train?!?  Most days I am just oblivious to the obvious conclusion staring me in my face...I could pop out a baby at any time.  Although I am hoping for being late - or, let's put it this way, either well before Christmas so I am not in the hospital Christmas day or after Christmas - there is a chance I could go early...or late...or, since I filled you in on what I am truly hoping for...I am sure it will be Christmas Day that I have to make my way to the hospital.  If the baby is still breech (which we will find out on Monday), then, chances are, we will be able to schedule the C Section so that I won't be in the hospital on Christmas.  I really have no idea what I just typed in this paragraph.  Just a long, frantic ramble about what is about to come my way!

Nesting has kicked in pretty hard...is it nesting or just a strong urge to get the house in tip top shape before my family comes out for the holidays?  Probably a mixture of both.  I took a blow torch to Cashew's room and got all the shower gifts put away (well, mostly), built the storage shelf for the closet and got the crib ready to go.  The sheet is on and, yes, there are a few stuffed animals lingering around.  Don't worry, I know the drill.  No soft things in the crib because of SIDS and whatnot.  Other than hanging some stuff on the walls and getting the final things that we need, it is about ready for Cashew's arrival.  The door has to remain shut now so that I don't get cat hairs on the sheet!  Kizzy is quite upset that he no longer has his crib.  But he is making due on the other beds in the house!

Progress made on the room:
I built the mobile, it is soooo cute.  And Snoopy is peaking in.  I LOVE Snoopy.  This is Cashew's first Christmas present from Mommy and Daddy!  We will be taking it to the hospital with us.
Photobucket

I built the shelf in the closet.  I LOVE it!  Lots of storage and super cute!!
Photobucket

Everything is really coming together.  I need to finish sewing the curtains which I plan to do while T is on his last trip out of town next week.  I have some other sewing projects I want to work on for Christmas.  I know I am trying to do way too much for Christmas as far as homemade projects but it sure is keeping me busy (or at least keeping my mind busy thinking about it).  Whatever doesn't get done, doesn't get done.  I am trying to not let it stress me too much.  But I am running out of time...have I mentioned that I am running out of time??

Well, there is definitely a belly now and movement, which used to be a lot of acrobats, have settled down to more of rolls and shifts.  A few kicks here and there but there doesn't seem to be a lot of space for Cashew to stretch out.  I can vouch for that!  I have no more room to give.

Peeing has become one of my least favorite past times...and most frequent.  My skin is dry and, as I was told by a friend of mine at lunch the other day, I seem to be walking a tad differently...ok, yes...I guess I waddle from time to time.  But it's hard not to when you feel like a bowling ball is between your legs.  I have a bit of heartburn from time to time but nothing that Tums doesn't conquer.  My appetite is kinda so-so.  Not real hungry and nothing really sounds that good.  My biggest stress right now is the position of Cashew.  I poke and prod my stomach constantly but I can't distinguish parts.  I thought I felt a foot the other day close to my ribs and I am feeling hiccups low in my pelvis but I don't know if any of that makes a difference, really.  It will all depend on what we find out at the appt Monday.  T won't be able to make this appt since he has to go out of town.  I'm bummed that he won't be there but I am glad that this will be his last out of town trip before baby.  I'd rather him go, miss the appt and get it over with then to be gone when baby poop hits the fan!

Well, as I have mentioned during most of this post, I have ran out of time.  I need to get off of here, get downstairs, have a bowl of cereal for dinner and work on some Christmas projects.  I cleaned the entire house today and I am still working on laundry.  I am sore and tired so I must retire to the couch for a bit.  Here is a pic of my 36 week belly.  I did cut off my head since I was in cleaning mode and didn't apply makeup or worry about the style of my hair.  We will take another tomorrow for Cashew's first T Day (although in utero) and I will include my face...

Photobucket

Here is some information as to what is going on at this point:
How your baby's growing:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.


At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

I will post a new pic tomorrow.  But I am heading downstairs for now.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!  I am so thankful for my awesome family and my friends!!  And for Todd...I can't imagine life without him.  And for a healthy pregnancy and for the chance to know what it is like to share nature's miracle with my soulmate.
 
Gobble, gobble!

1 comment:

  1. It's all coming together quite nicely! How exciting...it's almost CASHEW time!!! Can't wait to meet the little nut whom I love already.

    ReplyDelete