Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's Good To Know People!

Update on the drama of the talking nurse practitioner...

My Step-Mother-In-Law is an OB nurse and has been the best resource of information during most of my pregnancy (and before).  We saw her and my Father-In-Law last night at a Christmas concert and I told her about my encounter with the mouthy nurse practitioner and how we felt she may have ruined our surprise (and, at first, our spirits) by being so matter of fact about it being a girl.

The first thing out of Linda's mouth was "she wouldn't have known that.  It isn't in your records."  A-ha!  That was exactly what I was wondering.  Would it be in my record.  Nope.  She said that, unless I had an amniocentesis (which I didn't), the sex of the baby would not be in my records.

I was relieved.  I mean, I have finally gotten my head around the possibility of a girl but now I feel like we will still be surprised after all.  So the predictions continue.  Everyone that we ran into last night said that I have all the signs (and the looks) of it being a boy.  But, of course no one knows other than Cashew themselves.  I am looking forward to finding out...and it won't be much longer now.

T and I have decided that, at our next appointment with Hutch, we are going to go ahead and schedule an induction in case things don't progress after my due date.  I want my parents to be here when it happens so desperately that I want to be sure it comes out no later than the day or two after Christmas if it doesn't come sooner on its own.  This might stir controversy but to each their own.  It is an ultimate priority of mine to have my family here so I will do what I need to in order to make that happen.  And Hutch has already offered to do the procedure if we desired.  So we might as well get it on the books!  But, who knows, Cashew may decide to come sooner and on their own.

That's all for now.  We are continuing to work on the house and our projects to make sure everything is sweet at  moment's notice.  We have been very productive today and now we are settling in and relaxing for the rest of the night.

For now...goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh good!! See...what do I know?! My whole "They would HAVE to have the sex written down" malarkey...hmmph. I'm so glad to hear that the lady was just making small talk. I know I can't wait to find out if "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" and the chosen name of course. You're getting so close!!

    ReplyDelete