Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Girl Who Cried Labor...

So Sunday night I started experiencing "period-like cramps" and a super hardening of my stomach.  Contractions?  I thought so.  Monday...about the same but not as much and only happening in the evening when I finally get off my feet and watch TV.  Tuesday...mo new news.  Last night?  Severe period cramps followed by or accompanied with a tightening in my stomach that took my breath away.  Contractions?  Who the heck knows.  They weren't consistent, they didn't increase in pain and, although they were occasionally 5 minutes apart, they were also up to 15 minutes apart. 

What the heck is going on?  I guess it is false labor or Braxton Hicks.  But they felt so real.  I had T really jumping around here trying to pack a bag for himself and I had Mom up way past her bedtime with the excitement of a potential hour drive to the hospital.  But, as soon as I laid down, nothing.  Well, twinges but nothing like it was when I was sitting up.

I am not too bummed about it personally because I am still only 39 weeks and haven't reached my estimated due date of Dec 22 (Tuesday).  Plus, my Dad isn't here yet and I really want both parents here before the big day.  But I do feel kinda silly for even mentioning these pains last night and getting everyone all excited.  I feel like there is pressure for me to "perform" even though I know that's not the case.  But, when I woke up this morning with just some persisitent, dull, period-like cramping but no tightening, I felt like I was a disappointment to my loving fans. 

Oh well.  It is a waiting game and, luckily, I am not in a huge hurry other than the fact that I would rather not be lying in a hospital bed on Christmas.  But whatever happens is fine and I do know that, on December 28 or 29, there WILL be a Cashew born and both of my parents will be here to experience it!  So at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  In the meantime, as usual, I have plenty to do to keep me busy and to keep my mind off of the random aches and pains.  Keep your fingers crossed that Cashew will make a grand exit before we have to go in and smoke him/her out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment