Wednesday, June 24, 2009

14 weeks and feeling larger

No huge developments right now other than my ever growing gut! But I guess that's to be expected. I am trying to keep the "growth" minimized and only on the gut - nowhere else. So I have been hitting the gym pretty regularly and for my usual amount of time. I alternate days and do biceps/triceps/shoulders on one day and legs/chest/back on the next day. Every day gets a good 30 min of cardio and abs. Now that T is working out with me - today was day 2 of our program together - I notice that I try to push myself like I used to (showing off maybe?). I have to keep stopping myself from doing as much weight as I used to pre-preg. But it sure is hard. I have been trained for the last three years to push myself past my limit and now, to back off of that, makes me feel like I am not accomplishing anything. But I have to remember that I am only maintaining right now...not training.

I still have bouts every now and then of queasiness but not as bad as in the first tri. I usually get this ick feeling in the evenings after dinner. My latest annoyance is heartburn. No matter what I eat. And it usually happens in the evenings as well. So nausea and heartburn combined makes for an early bed goer.

I haven't been really eating more than usual but I do try to snack throughout the day between meals. Mostly on fruit and raw carrots. But it's hard. I don't always feel hungry but, if I don't eat, I end up feeling a little ick. And I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and, according to that scale, I am at 139 (with tennis shoes on). I was instantly wondering what the heck? That means I am down another two pounds since my appointment. But, based on the online research I have found, this can be common. I should start gaining soon. Maybe the loss is from my rear end - that would be ok. I wouldn't mind a little deflate in the ol' J-Lo!

But, as you will see in my pic, my belly is gaining fast and furious. It is so hard for me to wrap my head around this growth after working so hard on getting my abs flat and strong for three years. It certainly is an adjustment. But T loves it and comments on it daily. I guess I am definitely looking "pregnant" now. So hard to believe...

Other than that, no real news. It is hot as hell out here in the Old Pueblo and our skins literally melt just walking to the car. I am so glad I am not huge right now because I am sure it would be highly uncomfortable. I feel for my sister-in-law who is about to pop. The heat can NOT be a welcoming friend!

I am going home next week to Louisville and I couldn't be happier or more excited. Not because of some thought that ahhhhh everyone will be oohing and ahhing over my pregnancy. It is more because I severely miss my folks and the rest of my family. It feels like it has been so long since I've been home. And the last time I was there I had my miscarriage so it kinda tainted my visit. I am just so glad to be seeing everyone and enjoying quality time together. My family absolutely ROCKS!

Wow, by the time I get there I will be 15 weeks....

14 week pic - taken today before heading to the gym (not able to suck in anymore):

14 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment